Andrew Jacobson is the Head Show Choir and Assistant Choral Director at Lincoln Southwest High School. He received his undergraduate in Voice-Music Education from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. He is an active adjudicator and clinician for Show Choirs and Show Bands across the Midwest. As well as directing Show Choirs, he spends his summers as a clinician for Nebraska Show Choir Camp and arranging for Show Choirs in Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Wisconsin, Missouri and Texas.
1. Please describe your basic setup. (Your technical setup as well as the physical space that you work in.)
Basic set up is 25 key usb keyboard, mac computer, headphones and an external monitor for less squinting!
2. What is your process for brainstorming or inspiration-seeking as you start a new arrangement?
Usually listening to the original or finding other youtube covers of it. Love to see different takes on any song!
3. What is your go-to snack and/or drink when arranging?
Coffee. Nutty Bars (but leave them in the fridge!).
4. What is one thing you wish you would have known when you started arranging?
5. What is your favorite shortcut or time-saving trick in your notation software?
Copy/Paste and the explode parts button in Finale.